For over 35 years, Edmund has concentrated his legal practice at the firm of Urban & Burt, Ltd. in representing both consumer and business debtors in Chapter 7, 11, 12 & 13. As a member of the Federal Trial Bar, he has engaged in litigation in the Bankruptcy Courts, US District Court and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Admitted to three US District Courts, he has handled complex Chapter 11 matters before those courts.
In 1995, he was admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court. In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Edmund has tried many auto accident and injury cases, recovering millions in damages for his clients.
Outside his legal career, Edmund has been active in the area of technology and owns several high tech companies which provide cutting edge fiber optic, telecommunications and data services to governments and businesses. He spends his spare time on the ski slopes as an avid skier. Edmund has been a member of the Democratic National Committee and served on the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors of a community hospital. He is active with the American Bankruptcy Institute, the largest association of bankruptcy professionals.
Phone: (708) 381-5424
- Auto Accident
- Personal Injury
- Illinois State Bar, admitted May 3, 1982
- United States District Court, admitted June 23, 1982
- United States District Court Trial Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, admitted May 17, 1982
- United States Supreme Court, August, 1995
- Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, B.S., Broadcast Journalism, 1979
- Oxford University Law School, Oxford, England, 1980
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, Juris Doctor, 1982
- Member, Democratic National Committee
- Officer, Young Democrats of America
- Illinois State’s Attorney Appellate Prosecutor
- Legislative Assistant, Illinois General Assembly
- Society of Professional Journalists – Sigma Delta Chi
- National Fraternity of Kappa Delta Rho
- Lecturer, Bradley University, Media and Communications Law