In Illinois, the profession specifically forbids the use of the term “specialization” (except in Patent, Copyright and Admiralty Law). Attorneys are, however, allowed to concentrate in various fields of law.
At the law firm of Urban & Burt, Ltd, our attorneys concentrate in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy (Business and Personal)
- Corporate and Business
- Criminal and Serious Traffic Offenses
- Estate Planning (Wills and Trusts)
- Estate Transfer and Probate
- Family Law
- High-Tech and Internet Law
- Personal Injury and Tort Litigation (Serious Injuries and Wrongful Death)
- Real Estate (Commercial and Residential)
- Workers’ Compensation
While our attorneys exhibit expertise in certain areas of concentration, they also take an interdisciplinary approach when analyzing and solving legal problems.
We process all our own trial and appellate work in both the Appellate and Supreme Courts.