5320 West 159th St, Suite 501, Oak Forest, IL 60452
Experienced Divorce Lawyers
Our law firm has been handling divorce and family law matters since 1952. Over the years, we have seen that when our clients have all the information they need, the process is less frightening. The attorneys at the Illinois firm of Urban & Burt, Ltd., are committed to giving clients details about the process and alert them in a timely manner to all the decisions they will need to make.
We urge anyone either considering or in the midst of divorce to consult an experienced family law attorney. We have seen many divorces made far more difficult because of inaccurate information provided by well-meaning friends and family. The stakes are high and include children’s futures and the financial future of the spouses after divorce.
Our law firm handles all matters related to divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation: It is important to get this right, as the outcome of custody and visitation arrangements will affect parenting time, support and other issues in the divorce. This is as important in the dissolution of domestic partnerships as in the ending of a marriage.
- Child and spousal support: We make sure that all relevant information is included in the development of child support to be paid or received.
- Support and maintenance modifications: When it is possible to demonstrate either significant changes in parental circumstances or danger to the child, support can be modified. Similar criteria apply to modification of spousal maintenance/alimony.
- Parentage/paternity: These issues typically arise when one parent is seeking child support from the other parent, or they are seeking involvement in the child’s life.
- Property division: Dividing marital property equitably during divorce depends on full disclosure by both parties. Our attorneys help clients navigate the property division process and obtain a fair settlement.
- Adoptions and guardianships: We facilitate stepparent and relative adoptions and guardianships.
- Prenuptial agreements: Prenuptial agreements are particularly useful in cases involving second marriages or when the parties have significant disparities in incomes and assets.
- Legal separation and uncontested divorce: Legal separation is often an alternative for couples who do not wish to live together but do not want a divorce. Uncontested divorces are when the parties reach a complete agreement to divide the marital assets and property. However, with an experienced lawyer, it is possible to deal with contested issues before a trial, saving the client money and reducing stress through a negotiated settlement.
Child Custody and Divorce Lawyers
Child Support | Divorce | Child Custody
Representation Where Clients Need It
Sophisticated Family Law Advocacy
Experience, Knowledge and a Passion for Justice
Free Half-Hour Consultation
Request a Free Consultation