5320 West 159th St, Suite 501, Oak Forest, IL 60452
Car Accident Lawyers
Everyone knows someone who was involved in a car accident. For most, the experience may have resulted in an inconvenience due to a damaged fender or perhaps a sore neck. On the other hand, car accidents can result in some of the most debilitating injuries to people in all walks of life. For over seven decades, the Injury Lawyers at Urban & Burt, Ltd. have been representing persons injured by others. We are proud to be selected the ‘car accident attorney’ for hundreds of individuals and families coping with the injuries sustained in automobile crashes throughout Illinois.
Unfortunately, car accidents result in permanent injuries to thousands of people every day and are the primary cause of death among young people. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2011 an average of 3.7 people died in a car accident every hour and another 253 were injured. Over the past six decades, Chicago Area car accident lawyers at Urban & Burt, Ltd. have represented people with injuries sustained in car accidents. Some of these injuries include:
- Facial cuts
- Injuries to legs and arms that require amputation
- Back and neck injuries requiring surgery
- Traumatic brain injuries
Some of these injuries require months and even years of therapy and medical treatment, along with life adjustments both at home and in the workplace.
What Do You Do After a Car Accident in the Chicago Area?
Most people are pretty shaken up, even after a minor fender bender. However, what steps you take after an accident makes a big difference later when it comes time to pay your damages and medical bills. Some tips to remember:
- Never admit fault. Even if you think you are to blame in an accident, do not admit that to anyone, not the other drivers, your passengers, the police or even your insurance agent. You only have one perspective of the accident and there may have been other factors involved which you are unaware of.
- Get medical attention. Some injuries may not be apparent right away, as you may be in shock or have adrenaline running through your system. Get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. It is essential not only for your own wellbeing but when it comes time to prove your injuries, it is advised that you get checked out at the hospital immediately after the accident. Keep notes and paperwork from any doctors or medical professionals you see.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take pictures or video of the accident. Almost everyone has a cell phone with a camera you can use to record what has happened. Take as many photos as possible of the vehicles, the scene and of any injuries you sustained.
- Call Urban & Burt, Ltd if you have been injured, regardless of who was at fault, you may need representation to be fairly compensated for your injuries. Accident attorneys experienced with serious car accident cases can advise you of your rights before you speak to an insurance carrier.
Won’t My Insurance Company Protect My Interests?
The quick answer is NO. You must have professional representation that works for you.
Collectively, the various injuries sustained in Chicago and Suburban area car accidents expose automobile insurance companies to potentially billions of dollars in claims every year. Knowing this, insurance companies have become excellent at persuading injured people to cooperate with them, as it may appear to be in their best interest. It simply is not. Many times, car insurance companies quickly process auto injury claims with a computer program which assigns a value to the case based upon a predetermined formula which has no consideration for the individual involved in the accident– and his or her specific circumstance.
Experienced Car Injury Attorneys
From the moment you are involved in a car accident with another party, your interests are completely contradictory to those of the insurance carrier. It is simply not in the best interest of the insurance carriers to compensate you fairly for your injuries sustained in a car accident. Company slogans and smiley faces aside, insurance companies make money by taking in as many premiums as possible and limiting payments made for each claim. Simply expecting an insurance adjuster assigned to your case to "do the right" thing is only setting oneself up for disappointment when a settlement offer is extended.
Car insurance companies may even go so far as to make false statements such as you will not get as much money for your case if you hire an attorney. When an insurance company makes such a claim, not only are they hoping you will resolve your case for less than you deserve, but such statements are completely false. In fact, a study commissioned by an insurance industry group determined people injured in car accidents who retained an attorney received more money for their case than a person who tried to go it alone.
Local Car Injury Attorneys
Whether you live in Oak Forest, Tinley Park, Orland Park, the surrounding suburbs or the City of Chicago, Urban & Burt, Ltd and their attorneys are the car accident attorneys who are truly on your side.
At Urban & Burt, we know how car insurance companies operate, and we zealously fight to preserve your rights. Particularly with car accidents in the Chicagoland area, there are many options for finding legal representation. Our office continues to receive the bulk of our Chicago auto accident cases from word-of-mouth. Unlike other offices that may rely on the media and late-night television to get clients, we are proud to receive a steady flow of new clients from people we have helped in the past. With over seven decades of service to our community, we bring the expertise needed to protect your interests when injured in an auto accident.
There is a difference when it comes to selecting attorneys for your Chicago car accident case.
While we always adhere to the most ethical standards, we prepare every car accident case as if it is going to trial. Our meticulous case preparation enables us to secure the most favorable resolution for our clients. Whether we settle the case without trial through negotiations, or by arbitration or trial, we have your best interests in mind. Large or small, your injury case will always be handled professionally and to the best of our abilities.
Request a Free Consultation